Gluten-free/paleo pancakes can be a little tricky. Especially if you’re picky about your pancakes like I am. For me, the texture has to be just right. There are SO many paleo and gluten-free pancake recipes out there, but most of the ones I’ve tried have a disappointing texture due to their ingredients and ratios. For example, coconut flour is a great low-carb option for diabetics and those looking to limit their carbohydrate intake, but it can cause the texture of warm baked goods to be a little off. Some people don’t notice or don’t mind, but I want my pancakes to be as close in texture and taste to normal, glorious, gluten-filled pancakes as possible.
- 60 g blanched almond flour (~1/2 cup)
- 40 g cassava flour (~1/4 cup)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt (finely ground)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- coconut or avocado oil to grease skillet
- toppings optional (bananas, almond butter, dairy-free chocolate chips, coconut flakes, etc)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Cook in lightly greased skillet over medium heat for 2-2.5 minutes per side.
What kind of toppings do you like on your pancakes? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear from you!
*Disclosure: Kit’s Coastal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.