I love a nice, fresh salad as a side dish to a summer dinner. This cucumber mango salad is so refreshing and the perfect dish to serve alongside grilled chicken, burgers, salmon, ribs, and the list goes on. I love the combination of fresh basil, cucumber, mango, and lime juice. It’s just SO GOOD.
This salad is simple to make and comes together in only around 10 minutes! I also love it because you can serve it right away or make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge for later. It’s also great the next day if you have any leftovers. I love eating this the next day with my breakfast. That may sound a little strange, but it’s a great way to get in some veggies early in the day.
Here’s a little secret. I’m all for using fresh ingredients in my recipes. BUT sometimes it just makes more sense to use pre-prepared items. That being said, I often use frozen mango pieces to make this salad because it saves time and the frozen mango is already perfectly cubed. It just makes life that much easier. And the mango is usually frozen when it’s perfectly ripe, which is awesome. If you’d like to use frozen mango, just make sure to defrost the mango pieces before making the salad.
I hope you enjoy this delicious salad recipe as much as I do!
- 2 cups mango pieces (cubed)
- 1 large cucumber, seeds removed and cubed
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 large basil leaves (~1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp diced red onion
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Combine mango, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, red onion, and avocado in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Pour liquid into the large bowl and stir gently with a flexible spatula to combine.
If you have questions or feedback, I’d love to hear from you in the comments section of this post!