Fresh ingredients are what really makes this recipe shine. The fresh flavors and that grilled taste will have you dreaming of the beach in no time. And there’s something about the combination of cilantro, garlic, and lime that I just love.
With a quick marinade, this dish can be ready in about 30 minutes. It is perfect as a simple, yet impressive appetizer or just as an entrée for a weeknight meal!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled (leave tails on for presentation, if desired)
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 limes, juiced (~4.5 Tbsp lime juice)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- lime wedges for garnish
- Soak bamboo skewers for a few hours so they don't burn on the grill.
- De-vein shrimp if desired.
- Skewer shrimp onto skewers and place in a shallow pan.
- Mix together avocado oil, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl, then pour the mixture over the shrimp.
- Let the shrimp marinate for 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix butter, cilantro, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Grill the shrimp skewers over medium/high heat for 2 minutes per side (until they turn pink).
- Remove the shrimp skewers to a plate and immediately brush with the butter mixture using a pastry brush.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!