Guilt-free cookies?? Yes, please! 😍 I’ve taken the classic snowball cookie and made it healthy! These coconut snowball cookies are low carb, paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and there is a keto option. And you don’t even need to bake these cookies, they’re like raw cookie dough! And who doesn’t like cookie dough?
These snowball cookies are a wonderful guilt-free treat. If you like coconut, then I know you’re going to love them! They’re also super easy to make and the whole recipe takes less than 10 minutes. Can’t beat that.
For liquid stevia I always use Sweet Leaf Sweet Drops. It’s a great brand with no sketchy ingredients. It’s worth mentioning that some liquid stevia brands are sweeter than others, so be aware of that when you’re making this recipe. I’d say Sweet Leaf stevia is pretty sweet, so I wouldn’t add more than 40 drops. I like my cookies a little less sweet, so I stick with 30 drops. Oh, and don’t forget the salt in this recipe because it helps to cut any bitterness you may detect from the stevia. The recipe calls for 2 small pinches of salt and that’s less than 1/8 tsp. Just don’t add too much 😝.
And finally, if you don’t care for stevia and aren’t too concerned about your carb intake, then just omit the stevia and add more coconut sugar. In that case, you may need to supplement with a tiny bit more coconut milk to get them to hold together.
- 1½ cups packed (225g) blanched almond flour
- 1 cup (88g) unsweetened grated coconut
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (omit for keto)
- 2 small pinches sea salt
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30-40 drops liquid stevia
- extra coconut for rolling (2-3 Tbsp)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, coconut sugar, and sea salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine coconut milk, vanilla extract, and stevia. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix it all together until well combined. It will be crumbly.
- Form into small balls (~1") by squeezing and rolling in your hands.
- Roll balls in extra coconut.
- Enjoy right away or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Did you like the recipe? Let me know in the comments section below!
*Disclosure: Kit’s Coastal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.