Christmas is almost here and it’s about time for a new holiday recipe on the blog! Last year I pulled out all the stops with my paleo bourbon balls, toasted coconut eggnog, maple vanilla bean meringue cookies, and paleo hot chocolate! Not to mention my favorite savory Christmas “cookie”: gluten free cheese straws! OMG YUM! Needless to say, I went a little wild with the holiday recipes last year.
This year my Christmas recipes will be limited because I just had a baby! Yep, our little guy is now 9 days old and we are so in love. And a little preoccupied. So, my posts will be a little limited for the next few weeks while I recover and get used to being a new mother.
Now, back to the recipe! This peppermint mocha fudge is seriously addictive. It has the perfect silky texture and is super dense and decadent. SO GOOD. Better yet, it’s completely paleo! I’ve made it dairy free and refined sugar free using coconut milk and coconut sugar. I usually use regular butter to make it taste extra delicious, but you can also use ghee or coconut oil!
For this recipe you will need to make my paleo sweetened condensed milk ahead of time. The sweetened condensed milk recipe makes 16 oz and this recipe uses 12 oz, so you’ll have a little bit left after. The leftovers are great as a coffee creamer!
- 12 oz (355mL) paleo sweetened condensed milk
- 18 oz (510g) dairy free chocolate
- 2 Tbsp (28g) unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Line an 8x8" brownie pan with foil and smooth out as much as possible. Grease with a bit of coconut oil or melted butter.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler.
- Add espresso powder and salt. Mix well.
- Stir peppermint extract into condensed milk, then add condensed milk to chocolate. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until set (3-4 hours or overnight).
- Gently lift from the pan and slice into 16 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Store under refrigeration for up to 1 week.
Did you like the recipe? Let me know in the comments section below!