This quinoa salad recipe is simple to make and great for a quick weekday dinner or to make ahead for lunches. This salad is crisp, refreshing, and satisfying. I love it because it is a complete meal and you don’t have to worry about making any side dishes.
For the best results, use the freshest ingredients you can find. I highly recommend using real lemons in this recipe instead of bottled lemon juice. It’s worth the extra effort, I promise. You’ll thank me later. And, as always, I recommend using wild and sustainably caught shrimp.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled
- 4 cups cooked red quinoa, chilled
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions (~8 stalks), chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 12 oz grape tomatoes (~2 cups), halved
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Place first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently with a spatula to combine.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Chill for 1 hour.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below! 🙂