For me, the perfect summer salad has to be refreshing, healthy, filling, and packed with flavor. This mango, shrimp, and avocado salad is just that. Wait, is it still summer? The weather says yes, so I say yes!
This recipe is packed with lots of goodies: crunchy romaine lettuce, sweet mango, creamy avocado, honey and chili seasoned shrimp, and plenty of cilantro and red onion for an extra kick. It almost doesn’t need any dressing at all!
Has that ever stopped me though? Why not add a little more flavor? You’re going to love the homemade cilantro lime vinaigrette. It’s so flavorful and easy to make! Just throw all the ingredients in a blender and about a minute later you’ll have a beautiful green dressing that will take your tastebuds straight to cloud nine.
Did I mention that this salad is completely paleo? Delicious and healthy. Just the way I like it.
- 12 oz raw shrimp, peeled and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1½ cups (~220 g) mango pieces
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- lime wedges for serving
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (~2.5 limes)
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (including stems)
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 10 spinach leaves
- Melt butter or ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Add lime juice, honey, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Cook for another 1.5 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Assemble the salads with the romaine, mango, red onion, cilantro, and avocado.
- Add the shrimp after they have cooled to room temperature.
- To make the dressing, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for about a minute.
- That's it!
How did the recipe turn out for you? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section!