Looking for a simple, quick, and delicious lunch idea? Well, this is it! I love this simple salad because it is crisp, fresh, and full of delicate flavors. And it comes together in less than 10 minutes!
I love a good summer squash and I’d have to say that zucchini is one of my favorites because of its versatility. Zoodles (aka zucchini noodles) are one of the best ways to use zucchini. I usually like to use zoodles in hot dishes for dinner, but they are also good raw!
To make zoodles you’ll need a vegetable spiralizer or a julienne peeler. I recommend the spiralizer for pretty curly noodles. You can snag one online for less than $30. I got mine from Amazon. I highly recommend this investment if you are looking to eat healthier and want new ways to incorporate veggies into your meals. You won’t regret it. Promise.
This recipe is great for lunch, but can also make a wonderful 1st course for dinner (just reduce the portion size).
Now, on to the recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 5 oz. shrimp, peeled & headless (~10 med/large shrimp)
- salt & pepper
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 5-10 basil leaves
- ½ Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Spiralize your zucchini.
- Arrange the noodles on a plate.
- Dry the shrimp well and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt ghee in a skillet over high heat.
- When pan is hot, add the shrimp.
- Cook shrimp for 30-45 seconds each side (just until pink). Be careful not to overcook them or they will be rubbery!
- Remove shrimp to a plate to cool.
- Add cooled shrimp, tomatoes, and basil to the zoodle salad.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add extra salt & pepper to taste if desired.
How did yours turn out?? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!