This juice is packed with vitamins and antioxidants to promote clear, healthy skin. Beets, which give this juice its beautiful color, can help promote skin healing and can promote skin cleansing. This juice is tasty, refreshing, and naturally sweet.
I make this juice using my Vitamix so it does contain pulp. If you don’t like the texture or you want to remove the fiber for dietary reasons, simply strain the juice using cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer. If you’d like you can also make it into a smoothie by freezing some of the ingredients prior to blending. To give your smoothie a smoother texture I’d recommend adding something with soluble fiber like frozen mango. Mango is always a good idea.
- 1 medium beet (10 oz)
- 10 oz carrots (approx. 20 baby carrots)
- 1 medium grapefruit (10 oz)
- 1 oz ginger (approx. 1-inch knob)
- 8 oz red apple (fuji or gala recommended)
- 1 cup cold water
- 15 drops liquid stevia (optional if you want a little more sweetness)
- Peel and cube first 4 ingredients.
- Wash apple and slice. Discard the core.
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender like a Vitamix.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain with cheesecloth if desired.
This recipe makes one large serving or two medium-sized servings. I hope you enjoy it! Cheers!